Entry Eighty Two: Six months to serve

 How's it going? :) 


I bet you are probably over the moon to hear from me again, but in all honesty I am over the moon to be writing to you again hahaha. I seriously hope you had a good week!


This week we spent a lot more time trying to nurture the finds from previous weeks rather than just constantly finding. I can't lie the mission's culture is changing quite a bit, but there are some very welcome changes. And the greatest part is that despite a lot less finding time, we managed to find the same amount. Right place right time I guess 🤷‍♂️


Actually one of the coolest finds that came from this was a member’s foster son, who is very soon gonna be adopted! He's been in limbo for about 5 years but now finally can get permission to be baptized and he is so excited for it. We began teaching him yesterday and he is such a cool kid!


Ok so I can’t lie, I started this earlier today, then got distracted baking a cake for district council, and now I’m kinda tired, BUT I still wanted to share this passage from my study journal:


Christ’s love is not linked to absolutely anything we do or say or even be. It is a constant, fixed standard.


Now, I’ve had a lot of people tell me it’s difficult to comprehend things like that because they are infinite and we are mortal. But, the reality is that we are infinite beings, so I believe we can comprehend it with a little perspective. 


Infinite things are simply put: consistent; never contradictory; a binary that is always true or false, no matter the context.


Another thing about infinity is that it is upheld by our agency. If we believe that it is infinite it is infinite; if not, then it won’t be infinite. 


God’s love is only infinite if we let it be. And when we choose it to be, that’s when everything changes, because we learn how very real this love is and it has a profound impact on our souls.


So, in short: God loves you. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Love ya!

     -Elder Clayton


Pics:

Cool cloud
Elder Becker caught in 1080p

The love of God :)


TKM Mission Office: 

9145 Cross Park Dr Ste. 104, Knoxville, TN 37923


Email Archive:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BIKQr8T7NjlZg_Q_U_Bf2ei_WFhkxr5kart0T25hTrI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Comments