Entry Seventy Four: He’s standing right behind me, isn’t he?
Wooooo yes hi I am still alive. I honestly didn’t have as much time as I thought for an email today, but luckily I didn’t have much planned to write (and I know you are here only for the photos) so I’ll share my two cents and then dip till next week.
We survived transfers! I am still with Elder McQuiston and I am ever so grateful for the opportunity!
We got to go to a young men’s camp to do a devotional. While we were sitting with some of the youth and some other missionaries eating dinner, we were obviously joking around a little. I crack a 6 7 joke (like the little immature kid I am) and then all of a sudden I feel two hands on my shoulders; obviously I am in trouble haha
Turns out it was none other than President Barlow 🤣
But we had a very good evening, and I got to watch him play basketball with some of the Elders against the priests (yeah that’s right my mission president is cooler than your mission president 😎)
I’ve had a lot of time to council with Elder McQuiston about adjusting to missionary life, because in all honesty it is one of the hardest things someone can do. I’d say it’s even harder than being a high up church leader, because while yes they sacrifice everything to serve the Lord, they get to keep their families closeby. Young missionaries truly give the greatest sacrifice of all, and in turn it is the hardest work a faithful man or woman can commit to.
As I’ve spent time talking through his issues and raising my own from time to time, there is one thing I have noticed above all else: that being when you serve another human, you are filled with a special type of love you can’t find anywhere else.
Serving my fellow man for the past 16 months (I can’t even remember at this point lol) has made it just so incredibly easy to feel love for others. I can say with a surety that this is the same type of love our Heavenly Father has for His children! The greater thing is that His love is unconditional!
Seriously remember that God loves you. He gave His Only Begotten for you, and that is the greatest gift we can have, because all that is good comes from it. And I so testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love you! Hope this week turns out to have many good surprises for you!
-Elder Clayton
Pics:
Sons (of Helaman) set (for a devotional)
TKM Mission Office:
9145 Cross Park Dr Ste. 104, Knoxville, TN 37923
Email Archive (pt 1 and pt2):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nv9hQehdVq0D_EP2lqnE7QFaN21mE70QBloWU_heK7E/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1axqQ_AVG558OMddKLoTTftO-nsa_-jSfZIP7nNHLKEA/edit?usp=drivesdk
Comments
Post a Comment