Entry Eighty Six: A Multitude of Angels
Ohhhh how are you all today? It feels good to write again. If you hadn’t noticed, I’ve been kind of crashed out on writing lately. Thankfully I’m more consistent with these letters than I am my personal journal 💀
I think my main problem is lately it just feels like there’s nothing too interesting to write about. Like I’m still on the mission. We’re still finding and talking with many people each day. We still work to help our friends choose to come to church and be baptized. It’s hard, and we see a lot of people fall out of our teaching pool. It’s the same grind I’ve been on for the past 19 months and that missionaries in this dispensation have been on for the past 200 years and the same grind all of the Lord’s servants have been on since the fall of Adam.
And to accompany that, I’m still finding the same joy in the work I always have, I’m fighting the same struggles I’ve always fought, but I’m also having the same growths I’ve always had. In essence, things are just the same they’ve always been.
Unfortunately though this week, there was something to disrupt that routine. A dear Sister in our mission was struck by a car this last week, and has been in critical care since then. She’s on the path to recovery, but finding stability is slow. I ask today that each of you keep Sister Addison Worwood in your prayers these next few weeks. A multitude of angels have been round about her so far, and her family is incredibly grateful for all the support.
It’s interesting to see how it can take just one tragic event to humble us all. I’ve had a lot of time lately reflecting on how much I’ve taken this life for granted. Yes, we know that through Jesus Christ we will all receive the resurrection and along with it a glorified, perfected body; but he still asks us to cherish this life.
This time in mortality is so crucially important for many reasons. The first of which being that we learn firsthand how to live in a physical body. We also go through trials that a lot of the time we don’t know why they happen. It is also a chance for us to learn to trust in God, and to accept the merits, mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah. Lastly, we are organized into family units, and we are able to learn, grow, and rejoice and weep together.
This is THE perfectly curated moment in God’s eternal plan for us to choose for ourselves if we want to commit to walk the path of exaltation. Our choices solidify with time, and so come the spirit world, the millennium, and the final judgement, it will get more and more difficult to commit until God closes the concessions line for good, and like Alma declares, we become “[our] own judges, whether to do good or evil” (Alma 41:7)
My brothers and sisters, I pray that we can all make that simple choice to follow Christ. It is hard. I know. A lot of the time it isn’t always clear as to what exactly we need to do. I even feel a bit guilty using that phrasing of simply choosing to follow Christ. But I promise you that Jesus Christ has paid the price for you.
“For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;” (D&C 19:16)
Jesus Christ is the way to lasting happiness in this life. I testify he lives, and he walks with us through our trials. He is our Savior. He saves us from sin and death. He has sent his angels and they are among us. He is here with us. I say these things in the sacred name of the Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, amen.
Love you all! Hope you have a fantastic week!
-Elder Clayton
Pics time:
The Savior
TKM Mission Office:
9145 Cross Park Dr Ste. 104, Knoxville, TN 37923
Email Archive:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BIKQr8T7NjlZg_Q_U_Bf2ei_WFhkxr5kart0T25hTrI/edit?usp=drivesdk
Comments
Post a Comment