Entry Seventy Nine: Airball
Hello again! Totally airballed today and forgot about the email till 5:00pm…
But that's alright! I didn’t have much to say anyways. The main event is that the Sister missionaries I came out with go home this week. That makes me feel just a little old.
Now I have roughly 6.6 months left until I finish, and like the last part of the missionary purpose says, it is time to endure to the end.
A friend emailed me way back when I was a greenie about yea high 🤏 that stuck with me quite a bit. He said that it is not doctrine that enduring to the end is gritting your teeth and white knuckling until inevitable release. It goes a lot further than that.
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. (2 Nephi 31:20)
Notice how it tells us to have a perfect brightness of hope? It seems clear to me that we must fight valiantly all the way to the end! No apathy allowed!
I admit, the fight ahead of me will most definitely be difficult. It already is hard to fight the urges of coming home early to begin college, working, dating, etc. But what I can testify of is as I focus on the Savior he gives me strength and purpose. And time periods like this of endurance will be so much more rewarding.
Jesus is the Living Son of God, and he has the power to transform us. Of so I testify in the name of the Holy Messiah, amen.
Press forward Saints, with steadfast faith in Christ, with hope's bright flame alight in heart and mind. With love of God and love of all mankind, alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!
Love you all, may you find joy in enduring,
-Elder Clayton
Pics
Saying goodbye to Zakiayah (she's moving back to Arkansas)
TKM Mission Office:
9145 Cross Park Dr Ste. 104, Knoxville, TN 37923
Email Archive:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BIKQr8T7NjlZg_Q_U_Bf2ei_WFhkxr5kart0T25hTrI/edit?usp=drivesdk
Comments
Post a Comment